Friday, December 24, 2004

:: Merry Christmas! ::




Well, this was a blast from the past. I was putting together an album for a big family reunion on the 28th and I asked my mom for some of the oldest pictures she had of the family. She sent over a bunch and I found one taken of me and my siblings thirty years ago. Yes, thirty years ago.

It brought back pleasant memories of the time we lived in New Manila, in a house beside my grandparents'. I remember my grandparents' garden, the pine tree which was cut down before one of the super typhoons (I think it was Yoling, in '74 or thereabouts) lest it fall on the house, the brown gate which was repainted every year in exactly the same color, the mango tree from which we would gather beetles (salagubang) and which my lolo would then have prepared, lightly toasted in a little oil and garlic...

Well, Merry Christmas, everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jason! So are you the one in yellow? So cute! :)

Carrie

1:41 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Yup. Pretty good for someone who isn't part of the family. A lot of my freinds got it wrong.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I've got your little post-it flaglets waiting in the office...

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK good! Will text next time I'm in your part of the world. I want to consult you too about the Treo600. Am thinking of getting one :)

Cheers
Carrie

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home