Thursday, February 17, 2005

:: Labor of love ::




This is what's kept me from blogging these past two weeks. It took six liters of coffee over three sleepless nights (hadn't done that in a looong while) and added countless gray hairs to my thinning mane, but we finally finished the February issue of Mobile Philippines (m|ph) magazine, and it was out in the newsstands last week.

Why so much dedication? I am, ehem, the new editor in chief.

This is kind of a personal mission for me. I love gadgets, but I get turned off by magazines that put sex over substance, hawking the scantily clad girls on their covers as strongly as (if not more strongly than) the gadgets they hold in their hands. Sometimes I wonder whether the buyers even notice the gadgets on the cover page.

As Editor in Chief, I do solemnly swear that Mobile Philippines magazine (m|ph is a gadget magazine, not a car magazine) will to talk to its readers intelligently, and offer them the best of the mobile lifestyle. We will try our best not to become a mere gadget catalogue nor a collection of press releases.

I know, I know. It's a quixotic quest, and it's going to be a long, uphill climb, and in the end we might get eaten by the big sharks that are already in this crowded pool called the tech magazine market. But hey, we're going to die trying!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, 'Insan!

Good going on the Mag! Consider it your Return of the Comeback.

Keep up the great work!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Thanks, Arel.

I feel like David going up against Goliath, but hey, that's waht makes life interesting!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home