Tuesday, March 01, 2005

:: Hotter!!! ::




It's really hard to believe that around this time last year, tired and homesick and miserably cold in zero-degree weather in northern Spain, I fervently wished that I was back in the Philippines enjoying the warm and sunny summer.

Well, back home I certainly am, but enjoying I sure as hell am not! I realize that I've been spoiled, having spent the last three summers away from the country trying finish my PhD credits at the University of Navarre in Spain and enjoying the cool and dry spring weather there. My body's short term memory is screwed up, and it seems to have forgotten what summer is really like in the Philippines.

I feel like I'm slowly being roasted alive every time I'm out walking in the sun. Has it always been this hot here or are we just going through an extreme phase of global warming? Or maybe I'm just getting old and cranky and tend to complain much more than before.

Thank God for airconditioning and coffee jelly frappucinos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home