Thursday, July 07, 2005

Been there but, sadly, I've never done that

Not that I was planning to get drunk and sleep on the street, but I did so badly want to be in Pamplona for the San Fermin Festival this year. To have been in Pamplona three years in a row and never to have experienced the sanfermines was practically a crime. Even my barber, horrible as he was at cutting Asian hair, was wonderful at promoting his hometown's premiere event (the only event worth attending in Pamplona, according to the dwellers of Spain's more cosmopolitan cities).

At around this time last year I was thanking God for making the pieces fall into place so neatly: I was supposed to submit my dissertation proposal in early May and then fly to Pamplona in late June to defend it before a panel of PhDs from the Faculty of Communication of the University of Navarra. It wouldn't have cost much more to extend my stay until the fiesta of San Fermin, from July 6 to 13.

I missed the deadline, and will have to hope against hope that I'll get another shot next year. It's enough to make me want to deliberately miss the next deadline (in September) so that I can try again in June of next year.

In the meantime, this is what I missed:



More exciting images here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home